Basement and Cellar Waterproofing
Ideal For New Basements and Conversions
For basement waterproofing (often referred to as tanking for cellars and below ground areas), Newton System 500 cavity drain waterproofing incorporates a range of:
- BBA approved drainage membranes for walls and floors
- drainage provision
- sumps and pumps
These work together to offer a proven, innovative and highly effective cavity drain waterproofing solution. The system is maintainable therefore meeting BS8102 waterproofing regulation requirements.
How Basement Waterproofing With System 500 Works
Newton System 500 basement and cellar waterproofing solution places designed maintainable depressurisation voids at known weaknesses in the structure so that water entering the structure is simply captured and diverted out of the property.
Newton System 500 is one of the easiest basement waterproofing systems to understand and specify. It is recognised by the British Standard and industry experts as the “least likely system to fail”.
Four Steps To A Dry Basement or Cellar
- Wall Membrane
Choose an appropriate wall membrane to suit your wall finish. In this example, Newton 508 has been chosen for the walls and is shown with both independent metal frame dry-lining and concrete block wall coverings.
- Drainage System
Choose your preferred method of water collection. Here Newton Basedrain is sat above the slab adjacent to a spacer of 50mm of closed cell insulation.
- Sump System & Pumps
Choose the most suitable method for removing the water. Here a Titan-Pro White sump system collects water from the Newton Basedrain drainage system via two connections of Newton Floordrain. The pumps would be chosen depending on factors such as the pumping head and the type of water collected.
- Floor Membrane
Choose the correct floor membrane for your finishes and floor loadings. Newton 508 is shown here with a 65mm screed above.
Key Benefits Of Newton System 500
- No messy and costly substrate preparation works
- Is deemed reversible so can be removed in the future if requested – a requirement for treating listed buildings
- Can be installed in all weather conditions.
- Can be installed with no wet trades meaning no drying out times
- Can be tested to see if it is working once installed – no other system can be
- Is easily repairable should the membrane be damaged by other trades
- Meets the requirements of BS 8102:2009 waterproofing regulations
Setting The Standard For Basement Waterproofing Contractors
Newton System 500 is widely recognised as the premium drained cavity waterproofing system available and the preferred choice for professional specifiers and waterproofing contractors.
“Having worked with the quality products from Newton System 500 range for the last 14 years we have every confidence when issuing our long term guarantee on installations. The durability and performance of the products in service have proved exemplary.” – Gary Briscoe, Protectahome (Newton Specialist Basement Contractor)
Newton Waterproofing Systems Offer:
- Technical Support – Full technical support from our team of basement waterproofing experts. We can design and modify technical drawings to design the best basement waterproofing solution. Call our technical team on 01732 360 095
- Guaranteed Installation – A Guaranteed Waterproofing Solution when Newton waterproofing products are installed by one of our nationwide network of Newton Specialist Basement Contractors (NSBC). Request List of Basement Waterproofing Contractors
“We have been delighted with the product support and genuine interest that we have received in our project and would strongly recommend that any one looking for a cavity membrane product saves themselves the time of researching that market and go directly to Newton Waterproofing – you will not be disappointed.” – Richard Clist, Clist Properties Ltd, www.thetunnel.co.uk
For further information about waterproofing new or existing basements, or to speak to one of our technical experts, please ring 01732 360 095 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively e-mail email@example.com for sales and general enquiries.
For a list of Newton Specialist Basement Contractors (NSBC) in your area who specialise in basement waterproofing fill out our online form: Request List of Specialist Waterproofing Contractors
- View Product Range – Newton System 500: Cavity Drain Waterproofing
- View Case Studies – Case Studies: Structural Waterproofing
- Download Technical Drawings – Technical Drawings
- Download Brochure – Newton System 500: Basement Waterproofing