Waterproofing an ICF Structure
Newton System 500 used for waterproofing an ICF Structure (Insulating Concrete Formwork) in these luxury family homes in Poole. Installed by Newton Specialist Basement Contractor Protectahome
Constructed using Insulating Concrete Formwork (ICF), these two new architect designed luxury family homes included habitable basement accommodation. The houses are situated in one of Poole’s most prestigious locations on a road, named in research by Lloyds TSB, as “the most expensive street outside of London”.
Newton System 500 is ideal for waterproofing ICF structures
The principle form of waterproofing, installed during the construction phase, had proved unsuccessful and the basement suffered from significant ground water ingress.
A remedial basement waterproofing solution was required that would be capable of delivering the Environmental Grade suitable for domestic accommodation.
Newton Specialist Basement Contractor Protectahome were appointed to provide a comprehensive waterproofing solution due to their extensive experience of working with ICF Construction. They designed and installed Newton System 500 – a basement waterproofing solution that satisfied all of the site demands. These included the type of construction:
- Suitability of the waterproofing system
- Ground water ingress risk assessment
- The form and feasibility of repair
- the end use of the property
Newton System 500 Type C drained protection basement waterproofing system was ideal for this project. Rather than trying to hold water back, it works by placing designed maintainable depressurisation voids at known weaknesses in the structure so that ingressing water is simply captured and diverted out of the property.
Working closely with the main contractor and to a tight schedule, the site team ensured that Newton System 500 – incorporating Newton Membranes and Newton Basedrain – was installed on time and within budget.
- There is no drying out time with this system so the main contractor could proceed with finishing waterproofing the ICF structure without delay.
- NSBC Protectahome provided a long term guarantee and design liability, covered by their own PI insurance.
- Newton System 500 is a maintainable system so complies with BS8102:2009 regulations.
For further information about waterproofing an ICF structure please contact email@example.com or ring 01732 360095