‘Structural Waterproofing Design Strategies to BS8102:2009′
A Focus on New-Build and Existing Structures and the Factors Which Define Successful Structural Waterproofing
CPD 1 – ‘Structural Waterproofing Design Strategies to BS8102:2009′
- Option 1: 20 minutes (online presentation, we will e-mail you your certificate when you’ve watched it)
- Option 2: 45 minutes plus Q & A (at your offices)
This seminar focuses on the different forms of structural waterproofing systems on the market and how to waterproof to achieve the environment grade required within BS8102:2009
- A focus on how combination waterproofing systems are specified for below ground environments on both new-build and existing structures
- Section details discussion on how different waterproofing designs interface with below ground structures
- This RIBA Approved CPD offers specifiers double CPD points and can be performed at your offices or viewed online
- Meets the following RIBA Core Curriculum categories: Climate: sustainable architecture, Compliance: legal regulatory and statutory frameworks and processes, Designing and building it: design, construction, technology and engineering
CPD 2 -‘Factory Tour’
The RIBA Approved Factory Tour Double Points CPD is carried out at our Head Office and training facility in Tonbridge, Kent.
The Factory Tour objectives are to educate the specifier on their design obligations within the UK structural waterproofing industry in accordance with BS8102:2009, the Code of Practice for protection of structures from water from the ground.
The Factory Tour is separated into two components. The first part is the Classroom Section, which outlines the different types of waterproofing systems available, and how they can be used in conjunction to protect structures to the highest level. The second part of the tour includes a practical demonstration of different waterproofing systems, an overview of the battery backup protection available, and how cementitious coatings can be spray applied.
The tour will conclude with a light buffet lunch with time for a Q & A session afterwards.
“On behalf of The British Board of Agrément I would like to thank you for the quality of your CPD training provided to a number of technical Project Managers and other staff members.”- Mike Wiseman Phd, British Board of Agrément
“On behalf of the Group, I write to thank you for the talk on waterproofing to BS 8102. We were very impressed by the quality of the presentation and the advice given to avoid the many potential pitfalls in basement waterproofing” – North West Consulting Engineers, Manchester
“Many thanks for providing a training session for the graduates at Drivers Jones. We had some very positive feedback from the session and will look forward to Newton Waterproofing Systems presenting again in future” Drivers Jonas Deloitte, London
Download Booking Form
Download and fill out the form below. On the form you can select if you wish the CPD to be at your office or if you would like to watch the online version accessible on our Members Site, and we will forward you your login details following receipt of the completed booking form