Damp Floor Treatments
For treating damp or wet floors, we supply a full range of floor membranes. All our floor membranes can be used as a stand-alone product for dealing with a specific damp floor problem, or they can be used as part of a well designed below ground Newton System 500 waterproofing scheme.
Two options are available when faced with a damp floor:
- Replace the damp floor
- Fully isolate the dampness from the flooring
If the slab is in poor condition it is often best to replace it and install a damp proof membrane below. However, in many listed properties the floor cannot be removed and so a damp proof membrane must be laid above to protect the new floor finish from the dampness within the slab.
Often where a new slab has been laid, commercial time constraints dictate that the floor finish is laid before the new slab is fully dry.
Our floor membranes can be laid as soon as the ’green’ slab can take pedestrian traffic – often the next day – allowing for even moisture sensitive flooring to be laid almost immediately.
Floor Membrane Finishing Options
Newton floor membrane products are the ideal underlay for all types of floor finishes, including
- particle board
- solid wood flooring including oak
Advantages of Newton Membranes For Damp Floors:
- They are quick and easy to install
- By creating an air gap, Newton floor membranes allow for finishes to be applied whilst the damp floor is still drying out.
- The Newton floor membrane range enhances acoustic and thermal performance.
For further information about waterproofing new or existing floors, above or below ground, or to speak to one of our technical experts, please ring 01732 360 095 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively e-mail email@example.com for sales and general enquiries.
For a list of Newton Specialist Basement Contractors (NSBC) in your area who specialise in basement waterproofing fill out our online form: Request List of Specialist Waterproofing Contractors
- View Product Range – Newton System 600: Floor Membranes
- View Case Studies – Case Studies: Flooring
- Download Technical Drawings – Technical Drawings