Installing A Full Pumping System For Continued Power During Outage
This property in a small Cotswolds village suffered regular flooding and prolonged power outage. Newton Specialist Basement Contractor Guardian Preservation were commissioned to provide a specification for a pumping system that would cope with the high volumes of water present during a power outage. The combination of the Newton Victron Quattro Inverter and Generator System was chosen as it gives unlimited power during prolonged power outage, so the basement stays dry. Two NP750 pumps were installed.
- The Victron Quattro provides continuous pumping of Newton pumps and pumping systems during power disruption
- For the ultimate in battery back-up protection, the Quattro unit can be mated with a generator that recharges the batteries once they reach a predetermined state of depletion to give unequaled protection against power outage.
- The intelligent technology within the Victron systems ensures that the batteries are always at optimum performance due to the SmartCharge capabilities
Product Profile – Newton Victron Quattro
The Victron range of Inverter/Chargers provide advanced solutions to ensure that Newton Pumping Systems continue pumping during power interruption by inverting 12V DC power from a battery (or multiple batteries) to clean and efficient 230V power.
- Powerful true sine wave inverters
- Sophisticated and powerful battery chargers featuring adaptive charge technology
- High-speed AC transfer switch < 20 milliseconds
- Class leading inverter efficiency > 92%
- Unlimited battery back-up protection with the Quattro 12/3000/120 and generator system
- Multiple control panel options
- Options for system monitoring including off-site via internet
- High-grade components for dependable and reliable pumping during power outage
BS8102 and Combination Waterproofing Systems
- the likelihood of leaking is high
- the consequences of leakage is unacceptable
- additional vapour checks are necessary for a system where unacceptable water vapour transmission could otherwise occur.
With this in mind the possible combinations of waterproofing are Type A,B & C, Type A & B, Type A & C or Type B & C.
Type A – Barrier Protection
The structure has no integral protection against water and relies on a membrane to be introduced internally or externally to prevent the ingress of water into the inner building fabric.
Type B – Integral Protection
The structure itself is constructed to be integrally waterproof and the primary resistance against water ingress.
Type C – Drained Protection
It is accepted that water could enter the building and an internal cavity is provided to depressurise and manage the water.